Friday, September 16, 2005

Getting Out More

As I’m at home looking after my toddler half of the week it is important for me to get out of the house more.

The other day we were in all day and she watched a lot television. I’m sure getting out does me good too. I’m the sort of person who can go quite in room full of people and not really say much. Practicing my social skills is something that I need to keep up. I feel I am happy generally. I’m not prone to feeling lonely or forgotten but I think we all need to guard against that area and mix more, especially when you’re looking after a toddler.

It can take an effort to get all the stuff together to get out: changing bag, travel system etc. Over the months it does get less. Now I’m finding toilet training brings its own anxieties. I took my first journey out without her wearing her pull up pants last week. Anyway, this week as well as going out as a family to church I’ve managed to get out a two days in a row to my local Sure Start Centre. As someone who doesn’t naturally go out much perhaps it is important to build getting out more into a weekly routine?

No comments: